Wednesday 1 November 2017

Military Challenge - John Seale



I have taken up Patricia Greber's 11-day challenge of posting about one of my military ancestors every day until November 11th. 


Day 1 of the 11-day Military Challenge




JOHN SEALE Sr
(1806-1892)



John Seale arrived in Canada from Ireland in 1832 and was stationed at Kingston, Ontario.





I haven't found out much about his military career yet, just that he was our first military ancestor in Canada.

He brought with him an ancestral heirloom... a piece of the banner that was carried into battle by our ancestor at the Boyne in 1690.

John was a carpenter by trade. I am ever on the hunt for their dining room chairs he made, with our family crest carved in the backs.

John is my 2x great grandfather.






1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by. Your comments are welcome!

Copyright

Copyright © Genealogy: Beyond the BMD
Division of Dianne at Home